20 December, 2021

Batch Pashing.


Friday saw me giving the Patch another going-over in hope of something interesting.


Springs eternal and all that, you know...



The Nose was cold and blowy, and Hope's Nose was even worse... [[Groan...]]

Ahem.


Playing les buggeures risibles with assorted tit bands got me very little until the First Slope, when while looking through about 15 LTTs, a Firecrest called behind me. It didn't show, of course, but then neither did a couple of Blackcaps who tacked at me while I was looking for the Stripey One. Lower down, a handful of Redwing with at least one Fieldfare were in amongst the Sloes along the Rock Path; meeting them at less than 15' was interesting for all concerned.


If only birds showed this well...


This was as good as it got, so I headed around the coast, heading the other way to the previous weekend.


At the Harbour, the high tide [by the time I got there] revealed a few Sandpipers Purple roosting in their two spots. Ten in all. Count them if you don't believe me;

Site A

Site B

I found no Turnstones [a bit odd], but quite a few of these;

Pied Wagtail

Quite easily identified on the ground. [Especially when they practically wander up to you..]

Offshore, my attempt to find a nice BNG to grip the Teacher failed, as only 3 of the GC flavour were on offer.

Built like the Roadrunner

Also,

Itsa Cormorant


Finally, it has been brought to my attention that there have been no horrid gulls on this blog for many many posts.
Clearly this will not do at all.

In a nice case of timing, here's a view with something which caught my eye;

Lovely larids...

I'm sure you know which one you're about to get an eyefull of.


Yeah, that one...

[Poor thing tried to escape, but was unable to gain any altitude, being weighed down by what's sold as chips around there...]

A curate's gull, if you'll excuse the pun.


And on that wonderful note, I shall

Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment