14 December, 2021

Grey Days. Pt.1, Before.


They say that the best-laid plans of Mice and Birders do go astray.



BLEEEP but that one's true...


Thus I got very little out of three days' worth of Time. Of course, I had a variety of Important Things to do, and most of those I got done. It would have been nice to have a full day to my own amusement, of course. For very valid health reasons, you see.
[This is actually not BS but totally serious. A proper Consultant told me so and everything.]
[[But that's by the by. Reality doesn't care.]]


Ahem.


So, after the Thing played one of it's little tricks on me, Saturday went other than planned. Despite this, I succeeded in getting Stuck for the third time, which was Primary Mission accomplished. I even got my Secondary done with [just] time to have a look at the lower Exe estuary in passing.  :)

Behold;

Red-breasted Mergansers


Great-crested Grebe

What's in Shutterton Creek?

Curlew, Wigeon, Pintail, Teal, Shelduck, Brent Goose, [horrid gulls..].  Anyone pick anything else?

Further off, the Spoonbill I'd been hoping to see a bit closer-to was over the other side of the estuary [it clearly had heard I was on the way], and the reported female Goldeneye evaded mine entirely. Still, nice to be looking at actual birds.



Running late but at least running, I headed home for an only slightly late lunch and-




Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment