23 December, 2021

More Of Something


I went into a split day with things to do and got them done.
 
I gave the Nose a go early doors for form's sake and on land found very little as per expected, but you have to keep at it. Fortunately, one of the first of my finds was the Teacher [with his boys], who I caught on the First Slope. We wandered down together, as four sets of eyes are much better than one.
 
What was on show?
 
Close GND
 
Another, slightly less close

Not a GND, rather far away

Of course the interesting one stays right over in Brandy Cove.. This is a -throated Diver, looks quite pale through the drizzle, but had a strong dark line down the neck sides..?? Also dark in front of the eye and pale on the ear coverts. But clearly slight of head and fine-billed and quite pale-looking.
The more I think about it the less happy I am with it. Having wavered repeatedly, I'm going 'diver sp.' and hoping I see it again, closer-to!
 
Totals between Thatcher Rock and Black Head were [including flypast] 4 GND, 2 RTD and that sp. I had to leg it earlier than I'd ideally have liked, and of course after I went another RTD came by.
While we were both looking, 18 Common Scoter were about the oyster beds and a lone adult male flew by South.



The afternoon saw a drastic change of scenery, with a nice amble about a Dartmoor edge valley with the Folks. Coffee and flapjacks may also have figured.
:)

Many splats, no Dippers

Marsh Tit
Feeling bashful

Pearly Parachute


Very unlike the Nose, with nice big lumps of Granite sheltering us from the toothy wind. Small parties of winter thrushes were moving over at canopy level - mostly heard and no chance of pics - and a nice Grey Wagtail was too mobile in too little light to get anything really usable on it.

It was all very pleasant, despite the weather trying its best to rain on us [it failed, and seemed quite put out about it].


As you may have guessed, surmised, or already know, I'm off for my hollydays now, so expect a little more stuff. Possibly even within a week of the events depicted happening [gasp]. I've already been swanning off getting back into the fun stuff, with trips near and far for mostly the pure joy of doing it.
Which is such a joy itself to say.
:D


I shall indeed


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment