04 May, 2022

Meanwhile, Over There...


The Patch is more than just the Nose.



No really, it is.




Wall
[photo'd...er... 'somewhere'...]

Wheatear
[likewise..]

Dock Bug
[I want to find a 
Rhombic Leatherbug.
Because.]

Speckled Wood
[This one was clearly
not feeling well.*]

Coastal Paederus
[a kind of rove beetle]

Barred Fruit-tree Tortrix



Ok, ok, maybe right now the Patch is mostly the Nose. If only because if I'm not there I'm either working or chasing yearticks elsewhere in Glorious Devon*....

Speaking of;
Got a couple at work. Yearticks that is.
House Martin was not entirely unexpected [though the bout of high weather-prompted skywatching on the lunchbreak producing exactly zero soaring anythings [not even a Buzzard!] wasn't]. Less expected was a Yellow Wagtail on an area of freshly-mown grass by the site reservoir [it's a fair sized site...]. This means I only need Citrine [!!] to complete the wagtail set at work.
Stop laughing, it might happen.


Most certainly not at the Nose, was this;

Twenty-plume Moth

One of those 'far too big to be-' micros.
Unlike the more properly micro-sized

Bee Moth


This is getting out of hand.


I shall continue assorted posts in a more appropriate manner.
I do have proper things to report.
Including Good News. :D

Not just Year ticks, either.

I shall leave you with a mystery. What bird, new for the year, when first seen approaching and about to fly over me at a decent height, made me think for a brief but heart-stopping moment of Alpine Swift?

[I have a photo. But not one of my better ones. You can tell it's not AS, though!]



Leaving you in a state of utter antici








pation.


I shall,
 
Be Seeing You...





[No fishnets. Promise.]
 
[[* This is the full official name, FYI ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment