09 May, 2018

A Hot Sunny Bank Holiday. The End Is Nigh.


Definite harbinger of the apocralypse, there.


Oh well, while we still exist and all that, here's a little something from my endeavours about the Patch recently;


First up, some News.

SWIFTS!!!!

First seen on the 4th - 2+ - with 6+ on the 7th. Sightings very much depend upon me being alert at the critical late afternoon/early dusk point when Swifts are assumed to be locals, but I think the 4th is the right one.

I also finally got an on-Patch Garden Warbler, in song and everything, on Monday. So yay. Nowhere near as confiding as the pair up on Trendlebeare, but I'm not complaining.


Speaking of Monday... Here are some pictures of an otherwise hot and sunny and people-filled patrol;

Calm seas, a little mist...
Perfect for terns, shears, cetaceans?

..Ah, maybe not.


The boats just did not stop while light lasted, either. Oh well.

Look up? Nope.

I got one raptor on Saturday*, but otherwise all locals.

Not that they aren't worth looking at.

Even the gulls lurking on the Lead Stone were, well;

Yeah, not even an interesting one.

So, here are a few shots from closer to home. Very much closer.

Hungry hungry Greenfinches
[Plus UV window sticker]

Picking through the sweepings
[which I'd left for the Blackbirds]

Coal

Blue



That's it.



Be Seeing You...



[[*Yes, that one...]]

No comments:

Post a Comment