06 May, 2018

Blazing Sunshine. Aaargh. Aaargh.


There's a reason for that title. Yes, it is an awful pun of brain-melting horror [seemed appropriate]; if you get it, seek psychiatric help at once. If not, be very grateful and move along without asking questions you really don't want the answers to...


Ahem.


Today I decided it was time to go and see the lovely showy [sometimes] Pectoral Sandpiper that's been tarting about South Huish Marsh. Seeing as it is a sunny bank holiday and that the world is thus clearly dooooooomed, I got there good and early. This was wise, as the hordes did indeed descend, and so did all their friends, relations, and people they met down the pub last week.

The Thurlestone
Very early - note empty beach..!

South Huish Marsh

Spot the Pec Sand


Needless to say, the bar steward had done a bunk. Never mind all the other clear nights he could have chosen to go on, oh no.

On the plus side, an earlier still seen LRP rematerialised after about 4 hours of hiding right at the front, and that was good.

Spot the 
Little Ringed Plover

Striking the classic pose


So were the couple of Wheatears.

"Oh no, not the overflow car park
hill climb challenge!"

I gave it far too long, as the LRP had shown how easy it was for a small wader to vanish there, but eventually a fellow dipper helped me to realise I really was just waiting for nothing. So home I toddled.

Before that happened, I may have passed the time between fruitless scans by zapping things - when my autofocus would let me - and so here are a few of them for you;

Confiding Linnet



Those are Whimbrel.
Honest.

Good Swallows pose

Rockit in Thrift


?? with bonus snooty fly sp.


One of six overhead

I would have brought you some nice formation soaring from those Buzzards - five of whom were Red-tailed Buzzards, and at least one had the black palms of RLB Buzzard  ;)  - but my camera threw a hissyfit and refused to even focus enough to see a blob through the viewfinder.. Drat.


So, another Pec Sand dip to add to my collection - I'm starting to suspect this is deliberate - but a better day than it could have been.


Be Seeing You...



No comments:

Post a Comment