04 May, 2018

Today. [Mostly]


What madness is this? Posting the day's very news?


Oh dear, this won't do, no not at all...


After work today I decided I needed a wander under the trees, and the Wood Warblers were reported back, so it was obvious where to go, right?


Right.


Yarner was annoyingly overcast - the weather waited for me to get home before the forecast sunshine finally showed its face [tut] - but it was warm and not at all windy, so probably still ok for Woodies, yes?


No.


Not a sniff, not even a call.


But the place was far from quiet, as shall be shown.

Noisiest.
Song Thrush

Biggest posers.
Pied Flies

Oh yeah,
definitely

"Psst! The Wood warblers are thattaway"


It was all lies.


Pied Flies also most numerous migrants - 11+ males! Only 9+ Willow Warblers, 3 Chiff, 3 Blackcap..

Oh, and four of these;

Redstart!

Photographed from a respectful distance.


And now for something so horrible I had to include it...

The blur in the middle

This is shot through two young trees [and half of a third], while being very quiet in the hope that they [there were two of them together] wouldn't realise I was there. [Ok, at least before I got them on electrons].

What is it / were they?


Guess.


Though a brown and greyish blur is not that far off what they look like in focus...

[Giveaway clue?]

In compensation for that mess, here's something that wasn't being naughty

Where the wild Roses grow


And finally... I got a surprise - and a Patch Tick - thanks to sharp ears to rotor tone and quick reflexes. Plus a camera that I suspect was too scared to misbehave ;)

Apache!!


And on that note, I shall
 
 
Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment