11 May, 2018

No Wood Warblers


At Yarner.

Plenty of Wrens, Treecreepers, and Nuthatches, though. All of which are capable of trilling quite impressively.



This was, I must add, yesterday, when there was sunshine at times, and at least 14 singing male Pied Flycatchers, 2 Redstarts, and so on.



Anyways, despite continuing vexation as to FFY species, it wasn't all bad, and here are a few piccies;

Looking down The Nave

Up on the Ridge

Provisioning

Flyed Piecatcher

Mistle Thrush

Bleeding Broadleaf Crust
[I think]

Oak Curtain Crust
[or a weird Turkeytail variation?]

Bugle


Ahem.

I have been paying more attention to my feeders over the last few days, as a glorious male GSW has been popping in for the fat :D but so far he's far too twitchy to get on camera. I'm not giving up, though!

At home, on Wednesday, an evening passage of Swallows - coming inland quite low down and so past my windows - was unusual [they normally turn and follow the coast]. I picked up two groups, of 2+ and 7+ and assume there must have been quite a few more.


Be Seeing You...



No comments:

Post a Comment