30 January, 2022

A Little Moor


After all the nonsense chasing things about the Exe on the previous two days, I spent some of Sunday messing about up on t'Moor.

I didn't walk an enormous distance, and I didn't see what I was hoping for [say a nice Woodcock flushed by somebody else?], but it was nice to be up there, despite the hordes of 10Ts all over the place...


Indeed, it was quite quiet, birdwise, with only one raptor and one wader [a Snipe, flushed by your truly], 3 Skylark and a mighty 5 Mallard on Venford Reservoir*. Yes, Venford, for it was the Holne Moor area I was ambling about, and I sat for a good 90 minutes overlooking the back of the Venford compound, from whence Woodcock have been known to fly, when loose dogs go gallumphing about. And there were very loose dogs around [of course....], but no Woodies. Drat. [They may well disagree on that point, of course]


Venford's backside

But you deserve a bird, and one did pose quite well for me;

"Keep down, he's got the camera out!"

Mistle on a wire. :)




Yes, this post is this short.


Be Seeing You...


[[* There were other birds.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment