12 January, 2022

Buffing Up The List


Events conspired to have me twitching a Rare and chasing Yearticks at the same time. Nice when that happens. :)


I've already posted about the Joy of the Buff-bellied Pipit - and the Terror of the Bonxie! - but that's not going to stop me from a bit of repetition.

BBP

Yikes!

Rockit and Grey Wag

After the success on the beach, I tried a little sweeping-up exercise. Beesands first;

I think there's a different one there...

Beesands reeds Ley


That Ringer can be a little so and so, but this time behaved. Even better, a Kingfisher flew across right in front of the hide while I was cooing over him . :) A small party of Pochard seemed like a good thing, but presaged them finally arriving in numbers of not good numbers [it had been an awful winter for them].

The sea had nothing remarkable, so north to Slapton, chasing another duck, oh, and another slippery customer...

Lesser Scaup

Showing well at last!

This was as I was leaving, having given up....

'One final sweep' is always worth a try! The White-fronted Goose was with Canadas at very long scope range and seemed to be the only success, as another birder and I went through Tufty after Tufty.

Up even further north, by the Memorial... Nowt. Zip. North and South. The SnoBunt defeated me for the second time.

Drat.

Not a Bittern or Barn Owl in sight on the way home, either.

Have more LS, instead.

"Knew I should have stayed in the
reeds another 5 minutes..."


Up to 104 spp., though.

[Don't worry, no more of that.]

Devon Tick and not-bad success on the yearlist. I also avoided getting hit by the apocalyptic rain which soaked the early twitchers - driving in through it instead - but I failed to avoid falling over. Managed to twist as I went down and didn't land on the optics, which is what matters. :) [[No, no pictures. 😝 ]]


Coming up, some assorted mixed bits on themes.

[That sounded better in my head]



Anyways, we have a week's fun and games and so on to come. [No, not seven posts.]



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment