14 January, 2022

If At First You Don't Succeed... Dip Again, But Get Soaked Doing It.


Both near and far, it was a bit hard yards...

Two different 'Black Redstarts' [I've seen no pictures! 😜 ] in four days gave two rain-soaked dips. Long walks and much standing about in the rain, soaked dips.
 
At least I caught up with the Artist's pet Glossy Isbis* before the first one..

Spot The Isbis

Yes, it's by a sneaky bit of dead ground.

I got some exercise, at least, but other than that, only soggificated.
[No, no more pics. Too soggy]
 

Now, tarting up to zumerzet twice in 5 days for zero Baikal Teals [though that guy over there ::points:: got it on the Saturday], was a little vexing. ::Understatement falls through floor, basement, and heads core-wards...::

But it wasn't all awful, as the first one included running into a certain chap from up that way I'd not seen for an age. Socially-distanced chatting kept on until dark, when we were evicted from the hide by the owner!

"Oi, git orf moi lahnd!"
[Night mode, no flash!]

BLEEPing autofocus locks onto the reeds 20' behind the Barnie, of course. This gorgeous wraith was right outside, looking in at us, head a' bobbing!  :D
 
The second involved flooding, windshear, and..... Bridgewater. AAAaaaaaarrrggghh......
I will speak no more of it.
 

A taste of the experience;

One of these ducks is not like the others...

Eurasian Teal.
Demonstrating proper posing.



I took my failures' advice and resolved to;
a) Find my own zogging Blackstart
b) Employ the Dark Arts to Tick The Baikal**



Oh yes, one Blacksoak day, I was down the Nose beforehand and scored a BTD flyby - think the same bird went by BH - and even got 'photos'. Which I threatened you with earlier. So,

Yep, that bad

It looked a lot better through the scope. [Which would focus properly through the rain, for starters...]


Right; coming up, better news and better photos.

Honest.


[[Oh yes, and that includes what I did today. Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha.....]]


Be Seeing You...




[[* Yes, that's deliberate. No, I don't care. ]]
[[** To the tune of Stop The Pigeon. I felt very like Dick Dastardly - post splat! - Saturday evening in particular....]]

No comments:

Post a Comment