15 January, 2022

It's Happened Again


What is it with all these white-wingers?

I finish a day out looking for and mostly not finding yearticks [plus actually getting on t'Moor! woo] spending 45 increasingly cold minutes on the edge of a reservoir on said t'Moor, watching gulls try to sneak in past me, and then the gull I've convinced myself doesn't exist [there's a pale young Geeb which looks quite glonky in certain pictures...] comes cruising in with all the unstoppable inevitability of the Juggernaut.

White Wings!

Glonkus interioralis


Handy Herring helps show primaries!

Considering these were taken well after sunset - it showed up at 1651, the scamp - I'm amazed I got anything.

I'll write a longer post about all sorts at some point. I did see other things and have some half-decent pics. No, really.


So I shall-


Oh, you want to know which reservoir??

Fernworthy. Gull roost is right in the middle, not by the dam [that would be helpful], so you'll need to walk east along the shore from the main car park, or be verrrrry tall to see over assorted trees and things from the perimeter road. Or have a huuuuge low-light scope from said car park's foreshore.


Good luck!


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment