16 July, 2021

It's Another Post About Moffs





Yeah, I know... What can you do?


Let us get on with it, shall we;

Jersey Mocha


At least I opened up with a good one. [A bit worn, true, but not a bad sp.]
 
I'd like to be posting about other things - he says, grinning - but well, what can you do at this time of year when you have to work [and oh if I could take my camera to work, there was a gorgeous utterly fresh Blood Vein* there on Weds night. Just posed at a nice height to photo, too....]?
Well, I am working on pretty flowers and stuff, but now the Heat has arrived, and I fear I won't have the energy to do much inland birding of use. Also, horseflies. 
I will try, but no promises can be made.

Sorry.

Have some more moffs. They're not that horrid! [Beat gulls, don't they? o:) ]


It's a Riband Wave

...So is this!

Common Pug, maybe

Juniper Pug, possibly

A Carpet, but I cannot tell which...
[Fond of my kitchen light; 
got past curtains to get to it!]
]

Scoparia basistrigalis

Garden Carpet

Dwarf Cream Wave


And now 'tis time for the inevitable crambid horrors....

Chrysoteuchia culmella

Agriphila inquinatella


It's not all moffs, though. The odd other insect turns up, and here's pictorial proof;

Hoverfly sp.
Melanostoma scalare, maybe?

Brown Lacewing 
[Hemerobius sp.?]



Right, that's the lot.



I shall,


Be Seeing You...





[[* Wonderful wonderful names, some f them have. If only they'd turn up here... ]]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment