02 July, 2021

More Moor. Now With Added Granite.


A marked change in Dartmoor-related posting, as I can drop all that veil of secrecy stuff and say where I've been. This being a consolidation post, we're talking two trips in as many days, both afternoon type things for reasons that certainly aren't an inability to get up in the actual morning. No, really they're not.


Anyways, firstly I went up to the wonderful [if a little Barad-dûr -esque] Great Mis Tor with the Folks for a picnic tea [it being too hot and sunny to be yomping up there earlier in the day]. A great time was had by all, especially a certain Little Black Dog of infamy - who got to bark at sheep, cattle, a courting couple, and several unsuspecting rocks.! - helped in no small part by eventually helpful weather and a good spread. :)
Also, there were Wheatears. :D


"Did someone say 'porkus pieus'??"

We were sat in this male's territory, but others were about, including a party of very chakk-y juveniles on the other side of the main outcrop


And this one, too



I also took a wander up to an old friend, and in a shock move, the Sun even came out for me. Of course, I got rained at [too sideways to say 'on'...] on my way back, but I was up there on my todd, and it was totally worth it. :)

The Beardown Man

PC side.  O:)





Only bird of note was a juvenile Mistle Thrush at Holming Beam; despite those pics, it was quite, er, frisky up there. [Which probably helped with keeping the mundanes off, so.. ::Shrugs:: ]




Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment